(1) Key takeaways of ECAP 17
– How to set up a benchmark system.
– Highly efficient energy–saving technologies in Japan ZEB buildings.
– How to support the information to all levels.
– NBEL for government buildings.
– To improve capacity building for contractors, civil engineers and architects, etc.
– Awareness rising on business operators.
(2) Continued effort of BEC/GBC implementation
– Baseline data for ZEB ready buildings : 2019.
– EC Guidelines for building (equipment based): 2019–2020.
– Benchmark system by building type: 2019–2020.
– Standard and labeling system of home appliances: 2019–2020.
– Discussion on how to implement BECs/GBCs: 2019.
– Development on BECs/GBCs: 2020.
– NBEL for government buildings (to propose to our high authority): 2024.
(3) Challenges and possible support needed for the implementation
– To improve the investment cost (the payback period is too long).
– Awareness rising (comfortable, reliable, affordable, sustainable).
– Capacity building.
– Material available.
– Technical assistance supported by ECCJ:
(a) Baseline data for ZEB ready buildings.
(b) EC Guidelines for building (equipment based).
(c) Benchmark system by building types.