Implementation of energy conservation support project (The first online workshop) for Lao PDR on Sep. 2021
<Dispatch of experts>
The Energy Conservation Center, Japan (ECCJ) held the FY2021 ASEAN-Japan Energy Efficiency Partnership (AJEEP) Scheme 3 The First Online Workshop on both days of Monday, September 6 and Tuesday, September 7, 2021 with the purpose of supporting the development of an energy conservation legal system framework in Lao PDR. In a continuation from last year, due to the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic the workshop was held in an online format linking Vientiane, Jakarta, Bangkok and Tokyo. The main topics of the workshop were as follows.
(1) Confirmation of the situation regarding the dissemination of the Prime Minister’s Decree
(2) Finalization of the proposed periodical report format as one part of the energy management system development
(3) Confirmation of the S&L system finalization
|Participants’ group photograph|
The First Workshop held this time had participation by a total of 14 persons from related ministries and agencies in Lao PDR including the Institute of Renewable Energy Promotion, Ministry of Energy and Mines (IREP/MEM), which is responsible for energy conservation-related matters.
(1) In an aim to reduce energy demand by 10% by 2030 (an annual reduction of 1% in energy consumption), focus was placed on four fields (industry, building, public service and transportation), and the activity plans were confirmed.
(2) Regarding the periodical report format, the details were considered in the workshop and a draft format was created.
(3) Among the S&L system items, it is planned that the provisions for air conditioners will be approved by Ministry soon.
(4) Thailand, which is an ASEAN Partner Country and ahead in the creation of EC guidelines, gave an introduction to the ways that it is proceeding.
Because the Second Workshop will become the final activity in the project, it is aimed to complete the periodical report format before the workshop is held.